New to HSBC?
With our simple online form, you can apply for an account in a matter of minutes.
Once your application has been submitted, a member of our team will be in touch within 48 hours to guide you through the final stages of opening your account.
Why bank with us?
- Manage your money 24/7Our online and mobile banking services allow you to access your account at any time, day or night.
- Pay bills with easeSet up new payees, standing orders and direct debits online, without the need to visit a branch.
- Withdraw up to $2,000 per dayMake instant withdrawals at ATMs using your Visa Debit card.1
- Bank in a range of currenciesWe offer banking services in BMD, CAD, GBP, USD and many other major currencies.
- Easy shopping in store, online and overseasOur Visa Debit card is accepted in virtually all major retailers at home and abroad, with no service fees.
- Enjoy peace of mind with an arranged overdraftYou can apply for an overdraft when you open your account or at any time afterwards, giving you a useful safety net in case you ever need extra cash. Overdrafts are subject to approval.
You must be at least 18 years old to apply for one of our bank accounts.
What do I need to apply?
Before you start, please ensure you have the following items to hand. This documentation will need to be submitted as part of your application for each applicant.
A valid form of identification
Proof of address
Proof of acceptable tie to Bermuda (for non-Bermudians)
1 Daily ATM withdrawal limit is $2,000 for standard bank accounts, $2,500 for Advance customers and $3,000 for Premier customers. If you need to withdraw more than your daily maximum, you can do so by visiting your local branch. Withdrawal limits and charges may vary when withdrawing money at ATMs outside Bermuda.
Issued by HSBC Bank Bermuda Limited, of 37 Front Street, Hamilton Bermuda, which is licensed to conduct Banking and Investment Business by the Bermuda Monetary Authority.